Elettronica industriale B - (5 cfu)
|Prof. Paolo Cova||Tel. 0521 905818 - Fax. 0521 905822|
| ||E-mail. email@example.com|
| ||Home page. http://ee.unipr.it/~paolo|
The course is aimed to bring the students to directly approach the design problems in the field of power electronics, both on devices and the whole modules, by means of electro-thermo-mechanical simulation and considering EMC aspects, which are today critical for power systems. The last part of the course is devoted to the renewable energy production, with particular emphasis to photovoltaic systems.
- Complements on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC):
- Physical 2D simulation of power semiconductor devices
- MIXED-MODE simulation for inductive transients
- Thermo-electro-mechanical simulation of power devices and modules
- Finite elements model (FEM) simulation
- FEM thermo-mechanical models
- Alternative systems for energy production:
- Photovoltaic systems
- Advanced design of power devices for snubberless applications
- DC-DC resonant converters design for distributed power supplies
- Design and fabrication of MPPT DC-DC converter for photovoltaic systems
Oral examination plus small thesis about the laboratory activity.
Elettrotecnica AB, Elettronica AB, Analisi matematica ABC, Fisica generale AB, Elettronica di potenza, Elettronica Industriale A.
- C. R. Paul, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Wiley, 1992.
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, 3rd Ed., John Wiley, 2002.
- M. H. Rashid, Power Electronics: Circuits, Devices, and Applications, 3rd Edition, Prentice-Hall, 2003.
Ultimo aggiornamento: 29-06-2004