Industrial electronics B - (5 cfu)Professore: DA ASSEGNARE
The course is aimed to bring the students to directly approach the design problems in the field of power electronics, both on devices and the whole modules, starting from passive components and driver circuits design, to electro-thermo-mechanical and EMC aspects, which are today critical for power systems.
- Notices about non-idealities and design criteria for passive components:
- magnetic cores
- Driver circuits for power electron devices
- Electromagnetic compatibility:
- General description of EMC problems
- Notices about EMC regulations
- Models for radiated emissions and radiated and conducted susceptivity
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Thermal aspects in power electron devices and modules design
- Degradation mechanisms and reliability of power electron devices and modules
- Thermo-electro-mechanical simulation of power devices and modules
- Finite elements model (FEM) simulation
- FE thermal and thermo-mechanical models
CAD laboratory on:
- Thermal and electromagnetic analysis of power devices and circuits
- Thermal design of high frequency power converters
Oral examination plus small thesis about the laboratory activity.
- C. R. Paul, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Wiley, 1992.
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, 3rd Ed., John Wiley, 2003.
Ultimo aggiornamento: 05-10-2009