Industrial Electronics B - (5 cfu)
|Prof. Paolo Cova||Tel. 0521 905818 - Fax. 0521 905822|
| ||E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||Home page. http://ee.unipr.it/~paolo|
The course is aimed to bring the students to directly approach the design problems in the field of power electronics, both on devices and the whole modules, by means of electro-thermo-mechanical simulation and considering EMC aspects, which are today critical for power systems. The final part of the course is devoted to photovoltaic systems for energy production.
- Electromagnetic compatibility:
- General description of EMC problems
- Notices about EMC regulations
- Models for radiated emissions and radiated and conducted susceptivity
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Thermal aspects in power electron devices and modules design
- Degradation mechanisms and reliability of power electron devices and modules
- Thermo-electro-mechanical simulation of power devices and modules
- Finite elements model (FEM) simulation
- FE thermal and thermo-mechanical models
- Photovoltaic systems for energy production
CAD laboratory on:
- Thermal analysis of power devices and circuits
- Thermal design of high frequency power converters
- Design of power converters for photovoltaic systems
Oral examination plus small thesis about the laboratory activity.
Elettrotecnica AB, Elettronica AB, Analisi matematica ABC, Fisica generale AB, Elettronica di potenza, Elettronica Industriale A.
- C. R. Paul, Elettromagnetic Compatibility, Wiley, 1992.
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, 3rd Ed., John Wiley, 2003.
- F. Groppi, C. Zuccaro, Impianti solari fotovoltaici a norme CEI, 3rd edition, Editoriale Delfino, 2005.
Ultimo aggiornamento: 20-09-2007